About NYC Civic Corps
NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, provides a key strategy to expand volunteerism in New York City by uniting a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time at one of 50 City agency and community-based organization (CBO) host sites for service terms lasting 10 months. Our members work to increase organizational capacity engage volunteers, and build sustainable volunteer initiatives that address the needs of New York City.
NYC Civic Corps Member Benefits:
- Monthly living stipend of approximately $1,250 (pre-tax)
- Basic medical plan will be available at no cost to Civic Corps members.
- $5,775 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of the program
- Child care voucher (if income eligible)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment on eligible loans while in service
- Monthly professional development opportunities
- Experience working in City Government and content specific onsite training led by host site
- Professional networking opportunities
- Valuable resume-building experience and civic leadership
NYC Civic Corps Alumni
(Re)Connect with NYC Service and your fellow alumni:
- Follow NYC Service on Twitter, Instagram and like us on Facebook
- Do you have feedback or suggestions? Call 212.788.3209 or email email@example.com
- Has your contact information changed? If so, be sure to update it here!