City Service Corps, a NYC Service AmeriCorps program unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time at City agencies and their partner nonprofit organizations, working to address community needs.
City Service Corps Member Benefits:
- Monthly living stipend of approximately $1,250 (pre-tax)
- Basic medical plan will be available at no cost to corps members
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of the program, if eligible
- Student loan forbearance or deferment on eligible loans while in service, if eligible
- Monthly professional development activities, led by CUNY
- Experience working in City government and with NYC nonprofit organizations
- Professional networking opportunities with City and civic leaders
- Valuable resume-building experience
Professional Development and Community Building:
- Led by CUNY, attend orientation during the first week of the program which covers topics such as AmeriCorps policies and procedures, project management, and City government
- Monthly skill building and professional development seminars occur throughout the term of service which cover topic areas such as project management, goal setting, building your “brand”, interview preparation and financial literacy
- Periodic social activities to build community and encourage cross-site networking
- Career-building opportunities during and upon completion of the program
City Service Corps Member Specifics:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the United States
- Have successfully attained the level of degree specified in the job posting (high school diploma or college degree)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to serve full time for the program term (*Full time indicates generally M-F 9am-5pm)
For Further Information:
Call (212) 788-3209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
The launch of City Service Corps is made possible by the generous support of: American Express Foundation, CSX Transportation, Citi Foundation, Disney, Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund, Lizzie & Jonathan M. Tisch Family Foundation, The New York Community Trust, and UJA-Federation of New York.