About NYC Civic Corps
The 2014-2015 NYC Civic Corps Application is now available, apply here! Priority deadline is July 3rd and the general deadline is July 28, 2014.
The NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partnering organizations, working to increase their organizational capacity to engage volunteers and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
Small teams of NYC Civic Corps members are assigned to partner organizations for 10 months of full-time service and charged with recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers and volunteer programs. Corps members help nonprofit organizations and City agencies meet New York City’s most pressing needs in:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Economic Opportunity
- Environment & Clean Energy
- Education: Tutoring & Mentoring
- Veterans and Military Families
NYC Civic Corps Members
Current and past corps members represent a diverse groups of individuals. Corps members range in age from 21 to 72 years old and have hailed from 40 states and nearly 30 different countries.
Civic Corps members are required to:
Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree prior to program orientation
- Commit to 10 months of full-time service (approximately 42 hours per week)
NYC Civic Corps Accomplishments
During 2009-2010 VISTA year, Corps members achieved the following:
463,621 Volunteers Engaged
987,444 Clients Served by Volunteers
$1,073,485 Cash Resources Developed
$3,920,123 Non-Cash Resources Developed
Over the past three years of our AmeriCorps grant, Corps members have achieved the following:
4,546,898 Volunteers Engaged
2,225,181 Clients Served by Volunteers
$1,782,761 Cash Resources Developed
$9,411,470 Non-Cash Resources Developed
NYC Civic Corps Alumni
(Re)Connect with NYC Service and your fellow alumni:
- Follow NYC Service on Twitter, Instagram and like us on Facebook
- Join the NYC Civic Corps LinkedIn Page for updates about job opportunities, alumni events, and more
- Do you have feedback or suggestions? Call 212.788.3209 or email email@example.com
- Has your contact information changed? If so, be sure to update it here!