About NYC Civic Corps
The NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partner organizations, working to increase their organizational capacity to engage volunteers and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
NYC Civic Corps members are assigned to partner organizations for 10 months of full-time service and charged with recruiting, trainingand managing volunteers. Corps members help nonprofit organizations and City agencies meet New York City’s most pressing needs in:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Economic Opportunity
- Education: Tutoring, Mentoring, & Service Learning
- Veterans and Military Families
NYC Civic Corps Members
Current and past corps members represent a diverse groups of individuals. Corps members range in age from 21 to 72 years old and have hailed from 40 states and nearly 30 different countries.
Civic Corps members are required to:
Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree prior to program orientation
- Commit to 10 months of full-time service (approximately 42 hours per week)
NYC Civic Corps Accomplishments
Cash resources developed
Noncash resources developed
NYC Civic Corps Alumni
(Re)Connect with NYC Service and your fellow alumni:
- Follow NYC Service on Twitter, Instagram and like us on Facebook
- Join the NYC Civic Corps LinkedIn Page for updates about job opportunities, alumni events, and more
- Do you have feedback or suggestions? Call 212.788.3209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has your contact information changed? If so, be sure to update it here!