Apply to be a 2013-2014 NYC Civic Corps Host Site or Civic Corps member!
About NYC Civic Corps
The NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partnering organizations, working to increase their organizational capacity to engage volunteers and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
Small teams of NYC Civic Corps members are assigned to partner organizations for 10 months of full-time service and charged with recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers and volunteer programs. Corps members help nonprofit organizations and City agencies meet New York City’s most pressing needs in:
- Economic Opportunity
- Environment & Clean Energy
- Education: Tutoring & Mentoring
NYC Civic Corps Accomplishments
Over the past two years of our program, Corps members have achieved the following:
1,520,422 Volunteers Engaged
1,725,609 Clients Served by Volunteers
$1,622,492 Cash Resources Developed
$7,045,488 Non-Cash Resources Developed
NYC Civic Corps Host Sites
Any organization who applies to be a an NYC Civic Corps Host Site must:
- Be an organization with 501 (c) (3) status (nonprofit) or a City agency
- Have an interest in using AmeriCorps members to manage and advance volunteer projects with your organization
- Be able to provide a full-time service experience (1700 hours) for at least two NYC Civic Corps members
NYC Civic Corps Members
Current and past corps members represent a diverse groups of individuals. Corps members range in age from 21 to 72 years old and have hailed from 40 states and nearly 30 different countries.
Civic Corps members are required to:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree prior to program orientation
- Commit to 10 months of full-time service (approximately 42 hours per week)
NYC Civic Corps Alumni
(Re)Connect with NYC Service and your fellow alumni:
- Follow NYC Service on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook
- Join the NYC Civic Corps LinkedIn Page for updates about job opportunities, alumni events, and more
- Do you have feedback or suggestions? Call 212.788.3209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has your contact information changed? If so, be sure to update it here!