The 2016-2017 NYC Civic Corps Application is now open! Click here to apply. Priority deadline is on May 31st.
*Note: Please use Internet Explorer to complete the application for best user experience. Other browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari may give you errors during the application.
About NYC Civic Corps
NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, provides a key strategy to expand volunteerism in New York City by uniting a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partner organizations, working to increase organizational capacity to engage volunteers, and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
NYC Civic Corps Members serve full time at one of 50 City agency and community based organization (CBO) host sites for service terms lasting 10 months (September 2016 - July 2017). These corps members will serve full time to build volunteer management systems and leverage 50,000 volunteers who address impact areas that are priorities of New York City and teh nation, including disaster services, economic opportunity, education, and healthy futures.
The 2016-2017 program began on September 6, 2016 and ends on July 14, 2017.
NYC Civic Corps Member Benefits:
- Monthly living stipend of approximately $1,250 (pre-tax)
- Basic medical plan will be available at no cost to Civic Corps members.
- $5,775 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of the program
- Child care voucher (if income eligible)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment on eligible loans while in service
- Monthly professional development opportunities
- Experience working in City Government and content specific onsite training led by host site
- Professional networking opportunities
- Valuable resume-building experience and civic leadership
NYC Civic Corps Members
Current and past corps members represent a diverse groups of individuals. Corps members range in age from 21 to 72 years old and have hailed from 40 states and nearly 30 different countries.
NYC Civic Corps members are required to:
Be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree prior to program orientation
- Commit to 10 months of full-time service (approximately 42 hours per week)
NYC Civic Corps Alumni
(Re)Connect with NYC Service and your fellow alumni:
- Follow NYC Service on Twitter, Instagram and like us on Facebook
- Do you have feedback or suggestions? Call 212.788.3209 or email email@example.com
- Has your contact information changed? If so, be sure to update it here!