Volunteer opportunity description
The Client Care Services Volunteer will be assigned to the New York City Family Justice Center, Queens (QFJC).
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing support to QFJC partners and administrative staff: researching available community resources and programs, data tracking, and contacting clients about upcoming programs and classes.
- Assisting in the Children's Room: reading books and age appropriate game playing.
- Managing the waiting area and "hospitality suite" to ensure a warm and comforting environment for clients between appointments.
- Disseminating educational materials and brochures.
- Assisting with general administrative duties as needed.
Applicants should have experience working in a busy office environment and an interest in social work and civil legal advocacy. Additionally, applicants must have strong organizational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Bilingual English/Spanish candidates preferred.
The position requires a minimum of one 4 hour shift a week and a commitment of six months or one semester and may include occasional evening hours. All applicants must complete a mandatory orientation prior to volunteering at the QFJC.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times