This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
****VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Join NYC Parks for Pumpkin Fest, New York City's annual celebration of the fall harvest season in leafy Central Park!
Taking place on Saturday, October 26, Pumpkin Fest takes the very best traditions of the autumn season and offers them all for FREE! Activities will include:
Haunted House–our spooktacular haunted house at Bethesda Fountain is back again this year and scarier than ever!
Catch a sneak peek of the Haunted House
on Friday, October 25 from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.!
- Catch a sneak peek of the Haunted House
- Pumpkin Patch – kids take home a free sugar pumpkin!
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Live Quidditch Matches – transport yourself to Hogwarts to witness this fast action sport!
- Marionette Performances by CityParksPuppetMobile
- JestMaster Walkabout Characters
- Pumpkin Carving
- Create a Creepy Creature – Make your own ghost, ghoul or pumpkin puppet with The New Victory Theater!
- Get Crafty with Scribble Town – Have fun making pumpkin puppets, tissue paper pumpkins, and even pumpkins with accordion legs!
- Live Entertainment
- Pride of NY Farmers’ Market
All events are free! Event is rain or shine!
Please note that the lines for the Haunted House and Pumpkin Patch may close early. While supplies last!
Pumpkin Fest will feature amusement for all ages with performances by:
- Beetleguy and other Jestmaster walkabout characters
- The Kidrockers
- The Big Apple Circus
****VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED****
NYC Parks is looking for responsible, pleasant volunteers that fit the following requirements:
- The volunteer will commit to working the entire shift, 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Saturday, Oct. 26
- By Oct. 26, the volunteer will be 18 years of age and not require a parental or adult chaperone
- The volunteer will attend the mandatory NYC Parks Volunteer Orientation, the week of Oct. 21 (exact date TBD) at 5:30 PM in Central Park (The Arsenal, 830 Fifth Avenue)
- By Friday, Oct. 11, all interested participants must submit the following (via e-mail) to Victoria Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full name (first and last)
- Day of event contact information, including cell phone number and email address
- Top 3 preferred volunteer activities (see Event Description)
- Group Affiliation
- T-shirt Size
- **Age (if under 18 years of age by 10/26/13)
Please note that volunteers under 18 years of age MUST be accompanied by a chaperon and will only be accepted on a first come first basis.
Our volunteer needs
October 26, 2013