This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Rain or shine
In the event of heavy rain, Street Games will be moved indoors to the Thomas Jefferson Recreation Center located in the park.
On Saturday, April 26, 2014, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 7th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem!
Street Games celebrates the classic street games from the ’60s and ’70s and introduces them to a new generation of kids with a modern spin! Pogo sticks, double-dutch, hula hoops, and yo-yos are just some of the activities that you and your family can try out at this popular annual event.
Visit our Classic Street Games zone and get moving with popular venues such as:
- Pogo Sticks
- Hula Hoops
- Hippity Hop
- Skateboarding Clinics with Uptown Skate School
Take it to the street! Street Games closes 114th Street and Pleasant Avenue just north of the Park to vehicle traffic so kids can participate in the following activities:
- Soap Box Derby – located behind the main stage!
- Learn To Ride Your Bike (must bring your own bike)
- Street Hockey
- Jumbo Games
- Relay Races
- Arts & Crafts
Radio Disney will be spinning music all day and there will be live music and entertainment, including several performances by the Dance Theater of Harlem!
Volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Attendence at Street Games Volunteer Orientation and Training (Monday, April 21st, 5:30 p.m. at The Arsenal)
- Ability to work in any assignment area (though we will try to place volunteers in their area of preference)
- Commitment to serve 7 hours of service on Saturday, April 26, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Register by Friday, April 11, 2014.
Eligible volunteers will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once confirmed, volunteers must attend the mandatory training session on Monday, April 21st. All volunteers who do not receive a confirmation e-mail will be waitlisted.
*For the purpose of counting community service hours, NYC Parks will honor Volunteer Orientation & Training as 1 hour of service.
Our volunteer needs
April 26, 2014