This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
World Cares Center’s Grassroots Readiness & Response Youth Train the Trainer program guides youth through all the steps of preparedness – individual, family, workplace, school and community - to create a comprehensive plan that is meaningful and meets the needs of individuals. With many youth leading their households, the Train the Trainer Program empowers youth to take charge of disaster preparedness and response and teach their family members and neighbors the skills they’ve learned. It is designed to teach first-time youth disaster volunteers about effective communication and presentation skills as well as basic life saving skills that can be effective in a disaster or emergency situation.
Working with the Outreach Coordinator/GRR Programs Manager, Community Trainers will:
- Participate in a one week training session to become familiar with the curriculum
- Research information about community population and possible disasters affecting them
- Guide participants through activities and discussion
- Distribute surveys to participants
- Assist participants with any questions regarding their preparedness plan
- public speaking
- interpersonal skills
- training or teaching experience in underserved communities or with at-risk youth
- detail oriented
- ability to travel in the greater New York City metropolitan area
To apply, please email: Adriana Negulescu, Outreach and Volunteering Coordinator, at email@example.com
with “Grassroots Readiness & Response Community Trainer” in the subject line. In your message, include the contact information of at least one reference, a copy of your resume, and a one paragraph description of your interest in volunteering at World Cares Center.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about World Cares Center, visit us at www.worldcares.org or "Like Us" on Facebook.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times