Volunteer opportunity description
Please note that this internship is available only to students under the age of 25 as part of our internship program "The Guild." Fluent in both English and Spanish a plus!
Office Aides assist administrative staff to carry out varied and important duties within the areas of outreach and information services, thus helping the South Bronx Concerned Citizens, Inc. to build a strong network of supportive services for our clients. In addition to setting up and sustaining connections, Office Aides will assist in various administrative projects.
Assignments may include:
- Assistance with publicity and mailings
- Mailing list maintenance
- Reproduction of flyers and other informational material
- Contributing blog posting and discussion topics to the website
- Typing documents on a word processing programs and spreadsheet programs
- Working along side other volunteers and interns
- Utilizing the Internet to research different topics
- Check and record inventory of supplies
- Keep office presentable and tidy
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent in verbal and oral communication in both English and Spanish
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks from solitary clerical tasks to sophisticated Internet research for website additions to a high level of social interaction with clients.
- Ability to operate office machinery – copy machine, postage meter, etc.
- Word processing skills and Excel, Internet and other experience desirable.
- Ability to warmly welcome guests to SBCC and talk to them about services, etc.
- Flexible hours desirable, ability to work evenings and/or weekends a plus.
- Professional and mature behavior at all times.
- Dedicate to commitment and open communication.
My name is Ms. Omayra Serrano. Please send a formal introduction of yourself along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact me at (718) 620-7131, ext. 12.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times