Description & History
Founded in 1876 by philanthropist E.H. Harriman with only three boys, The Boys' Club serves nearly 4,000 boys annually at our three full service clubhouses located on Manhattan's Lower East Side, in East Harlem and in Flushing Queens. We serve to provide our members with the requisite skills so they can develop in the areas of academic achievement, character development and healthy living. The philosophy and purpose of The Boys' Club of New York is to provide its members with guidance and leadership so that they may develop into productive and morally sound members and citizens of their local and national communities. In doing so, BCNY works closely with its members and their families while maintaining a professional adult staff and volunteers dedicated to administering a wide range of programs designed to foster and promote, social, physical, intellectual, vocational and professional growth among all BCNY members.