Apply now to be a member of the 2012-2013 NYC Civic Corps!
About NYC Civic Corps
The NYC Civic Corps, an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service, unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partnering organizations, working to increase their organizational capacity to engage volunteers and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
Small teams of NYC Civic Corps members are assigned to partner organizations for 10 months of full-time service and charged with recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers and volunteer programs. Corps members help nonprofit organizations and City agencies meet New York City’s most pressing needs in:
- Economic Opportunity
- Environment & Clean Energy
- Education: Tutoring & Mentoring
During the service term, corps members receive:
- A monthly stipend of $1,270 before taxes
- Basic medical coverage
- Monthly training seminars focused on professional development, knowledge building, and networking
Upon successful completion of the 10-month service term and a minimum of 1700 service hours, corps members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550.
Apply to be an NYC Civic Corps Member for the 2012-2013 program year.
Any individual who applies to be a member of the NYC Civic Corps must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s Degree by August 31, 2012
- Be able to serve full-time, averaging a minimum of 43 hours per week
- Have not completed more than 3 years in an AmeriCorps State or National Program.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please note the application deadline has been extended until August 10, 2012.