NYC COMMUNITY SCHOOLS CORPS VISTA
To contribute to the transformation of 130 NYC schools in high-need communities into Community Schools, 16 AmeriCorps VISTA members will provide capacity-building support to host sites and DOE staff. VISTA members will support the roll-out of key initiatives including:
- Supporting the development of each school's mentorship and parent engagement models
- Coordinating trainings, briefings, community meetings, and expanded learning opportunities
- Developing and implementing program plans
- Developing reporting systems
- Coordinating resources within the school's community
- Managing communication between stakeholders
- AmeriCorps VISTA applicants must:
- Be U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have experience working with children or in a school, preferable.
- Be subject to and pass criminal history checks.
- Be able to serve full-time (40-45 hours/week).
- Have strong computer skills (MS Office and Google applications).
- Biweekly living allowance of $587.30 paid by Corporation for National and Community Service
- 30- day unlimited MetroCard each month
- Option of Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,775 or post-service stipend upon successful completion of the term of service
- Limited health care benefits
- Student-loan forbearance
- Monthly educational seminars and professional development
NYC COMMUNITY SCHOOLS CORPS VISTA IS No Longer ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Sign up to be notified when the application opens!
For more information on VISTA and the benefits, visit the VISTA Campus.