Volunteer opportunity description
Arts administration is an intricate part of any nonprofit arts organization. As a growing organization, Calpulli seeks support in this realm. There are specific needs that the organization has, and it is also looking for individuals with specializations. Calpulli does not currently have its own administrative space, so the role is almost entirely remote with communications by email, phone, and in person when possible. This is a key environmental factor of the role, and the interested individual needs to be able to thrive and appreciate this aspect of the volunteer role.
Specific needs (required):
- Updating media contacts- proactively and manually search for new media contacts most relevant to the organization's activities
- Updating distribution lists- assist with manually adding new contacts
- Updating of communications sources including primary website, social media sources, and private sources internal to the organizations including communications with artists
- Event coordination- volunteering at Calpulli events to ensure smooth operations, acquiring relevant information about/ from audiences; liaising with Calpulli and venue staff
Specializations sought (as available):
- Social media expertise- the organization is currently on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and youtube. Addiitonal insight on how to grow and best leverage social media is sought.
- Graphic and web design- expertise in related software is sought to help prepare Calpulli's operational materials (arts-in-education to communications with families in Calpulli Community) and event flyers, organization website, etc
- Grant writing- individuals with experience in grant writing for nonprofit arts organizations specifically with private foundations and corporate sponsorship are sought
- Excellent communication skills especially in light of largely remote work; versatility in communications- email, phone, face to face, etc
- Excellent ability with office software including word, excel, power point along with social media resources; experience with additional software is great!
- Passion for the performing arts especially dance and Calpulli's work and mission
- Appreciation and working knowledge of the performing arts industry specifically ethnic/ folk dance and non-profit sector
- Prior experience providing administrative support in the arts
- Experience with social media beyond personal use
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times