Description & History
Advantage Higher Education serves families and children who reside in New York City. Our mission is to give scholars the skill set and knowledge base to succeed in college, career, and life. We do this by providing an engaging experience in sports, arts, and STEM, and other readiness activities; we seeks to enhance and enrich the lives of scholars by providing a safe, supportive, and structured environment that supports their overall health and well-being; and we address their physical, social, and emotional needs that further their intellectual development.
To be recognized nationally for providing a safe haven for youth during extended school hours that fosters support where
- Every scholar is guided to demonstrate good stewardship, citizenship and leadership in partnership with their family, school, and community.
- Every scholar’s creativity and uniqueness is acknowledged, encouraged, embraced, and celebrated.
- Every scholar is nurtured and secured within a non-judgmental environment.
- Provide access to postsecondary learning to scholars who otherwise would not have the means to fulfill their educational goals.
- Furnish direct financial support to scholars for post-secondary education
- Provide information that scholars and families need to make sound educational choices