About NYC Service
NYC Service was launched in April 2009 to lead the nation in answering President Obama’s national call to volunteerism.
NYC Service is comprised of 21 diverse and innovative initiatives that aim to achieve three overarching goals:
- Help more New Yorkers connect to service opportunities more easily
- Target volunteers to address the City’s greatest needs
- Promote service as a core part of what it means to be a citizen of the greatest City in the world.
A key focus of NYC Service is to heighten accountability within the field and to set a new standard for measuring the impact of volunteerism and service.
NYC Service aims to drive volunteer resources to six impact areas where New York City’s needs are greatest:
- Strengthening communities
- Helping neighbors in need
- Improving education
- Protecting our environment
- Increasing public health
- Enhancing emergency preparedness
USE YOUR BLANK FOR GOOD.